Top with faux jacket

image

This was a 5 hour project and used grey fabric from my stash, black translucent knit, as well as the bottom half of a black knit top that was left over from a refashion

image

It all started with finding fabric in my stash.

image

image

image

There should be 4 pieces.

image

image

image

image

Connect the (2 front and 1 back) pieces by lining up the sleeves and underarm seams. Sew.

I tried it on and found the underarm area to be too baggy. To remedy the situation, I cut the sleeves off and created two darts from arm hole to bust. Unfortunately I don’t have pictures for these few steps.

I then cut the arm hole side of the sleeves  at an angle. Gathered the arm hole at the top and pinned it to the bodice.

It fit a whole lot better now and looked like a bolero with a longer front than back. I attached the leftover black knit fabric to the bottom and then stitched.

image

I added a translucent black panel made out of a stretchy fabric folded in half to increase the opacity. I should have added this before the bottom. Lesson learned.

Anyway, the top looks like it is a two piece – jacket and black top.

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s