This is my first wordpress post and i’m so excited to share my creations!
I came across the idea of a t-shirt shrug on http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/tshirt_shrug and thought i should make one for a dear friend of mine. So here’s what i did…
- Less than an hour
- sewing machine
- dress form
- Get hold of a t-shirt
- Fold the t-shirt in half along the vertical axis and cut the front section
- Fold the edge over about an inch and pin to create a casing.
- Sew the edge of the casing. The dress form helped create a casing that lay flat.
- Run a ribbon through the tubing with the help of a safety pin
- Pull the ribbon to tighten. Keep the casing around the back of the neck flat.
- Tie ribbon in front and ta-dah! T-shirt shrug